Sunday, March 15, 2009

UConn vs Syracuse


While out with a couple friends catching up after break on Thursday night our conversation was non stop till my ADD self looked up at the TV's and saw UConn vs Syracuse playing in the background... As I looked I wasn't really focusing on my multitasking skills I was drawn in to probably one of the best games ever! At the end of the game the game winning shot was made which ended in the 2nd game ever played in basketball history! 6 overtimes! Watching these guys drag off the court because they physically couldn't play anymore was the craziest thing ever! Then to see the walk on's doing jumping jacks on the sidelines to get warmed up to go in as a sub. That was probably for some of them the most they have played on a College court! I love watching College Basketball for this reason! They are giving 110% and playing for the love of the game! That is why I played basketball and many other sports for the love and passion of the game! Cheering on the teams who are giving their best effort for the love of the game is a great way to remember why I love college sports!!

1 comment:

  1. I tell you what Becky, I too found myself getting ready for bed and just happened to put the TV on ESPN (as I do every night) and saw this game on and it just went into over time. So being a college basketball fan I was like I'll watch it for a little bit. That was at about 11:30 at night. 5 overtimes later and at 1:30 in the morning this game finally ended and I would have to say it was one of THE if not THE best game I have ever seen. Those young men gave it their all in that game and being an athlete myself I respect that. I always gave it my all in sports whether if I was starting or if I had to prove myself to beat out a spot from an upper class man.

    ReplyDelete